What is Agile++?
Before understanding what Agile++ is, let's understand what Agile offers and the limitations with Agile methodology. In the era of technology, several new and completely latest terminologies come into existence on a regular basis. One of the terms is ‘Agile’. This is the new hype word in the IT industry. The meaning of the term ‘agile’ is the ability to create as well as to respond to change. Keeping in mind the meaning of the term, the significance of this term in the IT industry is a representation of adaption as well as responding to change.
Prior to Agile, the Waterfall model ruled the software industry. However, it was greatly limiting the business ability to hit the market quickly. After the project start, it used to be months and sometimes years before any feature reaching the market. It worked in the '80s and 90's where
the market was okay to live with a product for years. But it doesn't work in the new Millennium.
This is when Agile came in, gave the ability to businesses to release the features quickly by removing the long analysis and design cycles, non-value add documentation, etc. Agile prescribes the SCRUM process where a backlog of features is maintained in the order of priority. These stories are picked up by SCRUM team sprint on sprint, worked upon and pushed to production.
Agile methodology definition
Agile methodology is the practice that endorses continuous iteration and improvement of at every stage throughout the lifecycle of the software development project. The methodology starts when the client describes how the end product will be used and what the problems that will be solved. That means the methodology starts after getting an idea about the client’s expectation. The process of planning, execution, and evaluation are continuously part of the team after the work begins.
Here speak about a brand-new Agile methodology involving user and wireframe testing, putting all individuals. Tests are essential to learning from users about the user experience. Virtually all of them are not quite certain how they should answer a wireframe. Frequently, they do not see
what they are supposed to do, and some do not even know they are actually testing a web page. This lack of background adds of comprehension to test hitches. Towards the end of a project, a few answers that were relevant translate this confusion. Users testing wireframes are
unsophisticated users though filled with good will. Answer questions and all of them agree to test.
However, the amount of work that can be picked up is still limited by the capacity of the team. In the ever-changing market conditions, this limitation significantly impacts the ability of the business to deliver capabilities to the market. It is requiring multiple sprints spanning across months for the SCRUM team to complete the feature set making businesses wait to release the product to the market.
So, Agile methodology in simpler words is:
- Agile is a continuous process and iterative in nature. That means it is done in small sprints or pieces. Each of the sprints builds and improves the lessons learned from previous sprints. Here the Scrum framework comes into the equation.
- Efficient communication over complicated email chains, excessive documentation, and too many meetings is what Agile project management is all about. According to the Agile manifesto, you should go for the daily face to face conversation with the team; if that is a way you can make the conversation effective instead of lengthy emails.
- Agile methodology is not any list of instructions, a certification or a textbook, rather is an approach and an attitude.
- In an Agile method, each iteration leads to some concrete working results and this is very important.
What is the solution? Is it time for a new process?
No, definitely not. With improvisation to the ‘Agile’ process, businesses can release the products and features to the market as quickly as they want.
Let's call this improvisation Agile++
The word Agile itself denotes frequent changes. So, the methodology itself is not any fixed process, rather something that is open to changes. The Agile project management is ever evolving and changing and that is the reason why you will get different answers from different Agile Project managers when asked them about what the process is. Agile++ is a better version of the Agile methodology.
Agile++ still follows the SCRUM process. However, it is not limited by the capacity of the SCRUM team because there is no defined capacity. This SCRUM team comprises all the professionals with matching skill set across the globe willing to pick up backlog stories of the project. This
SCRUM team can scale up and can scale down as per demand. The organization's product team creates user stories that can make up the product or feature that needs to hit the market. Once the stories are created and published, they are picked up by the talent across the globe.
How the SCRUM works?
The SCRUM team deals with the product backlog mainly. However, the process flow of the SCRUM testing is:
- There are several iterations and each small and repetitive step is called Sprint.
- Product backlog plays an important role and the details are incorporated to achieve the end product.
- In each sprint, the top items are selected from the Product backlog and turned into Sprint backlog.
- The respective team works on the sprint backlog and also checks for daily work.
- At the end of each sprint, the team delivers the product functionality.
In case of the existing Agile process, a specific organization dealing with the same have a specific team who are responsible to handle the task. When there is an error or backlog, the team members discuss together the pitfalls and work on that. However, the limitation of the team capacity affects the progress of the work. The progress of work might be slow paced or lacking the desired outcome. This shortfall or limitation can be overruled if the team members can be updated once there is a requirement. The open platform for global SMEs or subject matter experts can solve the issue easily.
AIDOOS platform enables organizations to release the products and features whenever they want, as fast as they want by utilizing the talent across the globe. The number of subject matter experts are not limited, thanks to the global access of the technology and internet-based
applications. The members are already registered on the platform, willing to pick up work coming from organizations across the globe. That means the Agile ++ makes the project truly agile as the expert professionals and the strategy to complete the work both can be changed whenever and wherever required.
A lot of benefits in the adaption of this process and the benefits are:
- High-quality product: As the projects are made into smaller sprints, the chances of error or faults reduce to a large extent. Professionals involved in the sprints can take care of the tasks more effectively due to smaller task size. Continuous iteration and testing are part of the
process and as a result, changes can be made wherever and whenever required to get the best product.
- The maximum percentage of customer satisfaction: In each of the smaller sprints, discussions with the customer are involved in the process. In each review, customers or clients get the update and are involved in the entire process. This enables a high amount of customer satisfaction.
- Project control increased: In the process, sprints are involved and regular face to face meetings for discussing the updates about the project are scheduled. This increases transparency and increased project control is seen.
- Reduction of risks: As several sprints are involved and after completion of each sprint, there is a review session to discuss the outcomes as well as to find out if there is any backlog or any project issues, risk factors are negligible in this process.
- Faster return on investment: Early development starts, ‘ready to market’ products after some iteration, smaller delivery cycles in fast-moving markets, and fast product release are what accounts for the benefits of adopting the Agile process. All these lead to a faster return on
In adapting our Agile++ methodology, you do not have to depend completely on team capacity or any limitations. If necessary, there can be changes. The global subject matter experts are ready to pick up the work after the stories or the requirements are created and published on the platform. Once they pick up the same, they will complete it and move on to the next. They simply pick up the work, complete it and move on to next.
Still confused about where to start from? Call us today and discuss with our respective expert to get a clear picture of Agile and Agile++. Stay tuned.